Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lucky Parents :)

Arnie had meetings in San Antonio at the end of the week...so at the very last minute Maggie and I decided to tag along.  I was feeling good, it was warm in Texas and it was supposed to snow at home.  Maggie and I had a great time. 

On Wednesday night Maggie and I went to The Riverwalk, we took a boat ride, wandered around and had some dinner.  It was fun to see and she really enjoyed it.  This was my first trip to San Antonio and the Riverwalk wasn't at all what I expected.  It was pretty and interesting, but much more crowded and less open then I expected.  It was kind of like being in a cramped ally.






























Thursday morning we got up and drove about 40 min. away to a HUGE outlet mall.  We were about 5 minutes from the mall when I heard "the noise" coming from the back seat...Maggie makes this kind of coughing/gagging noise several times and no matter how much I try to convince myself that it's not going to happen, it's pretty much always followed by PUKE.  This time was no exception.  I didn't have anything to clean her up with, no clean clothes, etc.  I'm really glad the car was a rental!  We parked right next to the nearest kids store we could find, I cleaned her up a little with some wet wipes, we went in and bought a new outfit and changed her clothes.  She was good as new.  I think maybe she was a little car sick, she returned to herself quickly and other then the rain we had a fun time shopping. 

By the time I took this picture I think Maggie was getting a little tired of shopping :)



On our way back to the hotel we stopped at Rudy's for BBQ.  It's a favorite of Uncle Jeff and Papa, Maggie really liked the brisket, pickles and pudding.  (Like I said, she got over her stomach issues quickly).

After lunch, while I was driving back to the hotel, I said "Maggie you were a really good girl this morning, thank you!" and her response was "ya, you're pretty lucky parents."  Where does she get this stuff!  She's right, we are VERY lucky parents, but I was laughing so hard, I about missed our interstate exit. 



Back at the hotel, we went swimming.  Maggie loved the water slides, the first couple of times she wanted me to stand at the bottom and catch her.  Once she figured it out, she told me I could sit on the edge and watch her (and lift her out of the pool, over and over and over).  I bet she went down the slides 40 times, she was having such a great time.  A couple of times Maggie told me that I wasn't as fun as daddy, apparently he's better at crazy jumps...so she was thrilled when he had a little break from his meeting and came out to play for 45 minutes.







We had a great little get away.  Maggie and I had lots of good mom/daughter time and it will add to the memories I have of being a mom of just one.  I hope when I have 2 little girls I still have the courage and energy to just pick them up and take off spontaneously.  Maggie has become such a great traveler and we have made so many memories tagging along to Arnie's meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment