Thursday, January 20, 2011

Who needs a snowman...

...when you can make a sandman!
Maggie, Mom and I arrived in Cabo yesterday.  Our travels were fairly uneventful and Maggie was a great little traveler.  She goes through security more efficiently than most grown-ups.  She kicks of her shoes, throws her back-pack on the belt and off she goes.  There were lots of people around us who could have taken a lesson from her. 

Since we got here we've been busy playing.  Lots of time in the pool and on the beach and we spent most of the morning at the playground.  The weather has been beautiful.  I don't know why we don't just move here...

 




On a sad note, my Great-Aunt Barbara died this morning.  She was a wonderful woman who I adored as a child.  One of my favorite birthday presents every year, always came from her...she would make apple sauce (it was amazing and it's her recipe that I still use) and freeze it in yogurt containers and give me a cooler full.  They were perfect in my lunch box and kept the rest of my lunch cool all morning.  I know I got lots of amazing presents over the years, but that cooler full of little yogurt containers is the one that I remember most.  She was also the best letter writer I've ever known, I'm willing to bet that she was still sending handfuls of handwritten, long letters/cards weekly.... she had lots of pen pals and was always sending notes to her family and friends.  In a world where letter writing has become of a bit of a lost art, I will definitely miss seeing her very distinctive handwriting on envelopes in my mailbox. She will be dearly missed and my heart aches for my cousins and their families.

Disclaimer- I'm a TERRIBLE speller, it has always been that way and I don't think it will change anytime soon...since I'm in Mexico my online blog editor is working off of a Spanish platform, so spell check doesn't work so well...so I'm sure there are tons of errors, when in doubt, sound it out!

1 comment:

  1. Gramma Karen looks like she could be a fitness instructor!!! Looks like it is a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete