Maggie and I make the drive from Norfolk to Omaha and back at least once a week, sometimes more, we know the drive better then most and even she knows what town is coming next, where the next horses will be and she can occasionally point out spots where we've stopped to have "friendly" chats with state patrol officers. But today's drive was not like most. We were in a hurry because we had just under 2 hours from leaving preschool until we were supposed to arrive at the doctors office in Omaha...Maggie was having her picnic lunch in the backseat and about 30 miles into our drive all of the sudden I heard it...the cough that is always, always followed by PUKE. We pulled over and I did my best to clean her up with the napkins I had stashed in the glove box, but it didn't really do much to help the problem. We continued on down the road and stopped at the first gas station in Westpoint, we went inside, Maggie announced to everyone (that's alot of people in a small town gas station at lunch time) that she was covered in puke and we changed into clean clothes. The we got a BIG icy cold diet coke, and back to the car we went. I just happened to have a 2nd carseat in the back of the car (that never happens), so I didn't have to clean out the carseat in the freezing cold, I just shoved Reagan to the back of the car, and put the carseat on the other side, started to load Maggie in....and she kicked over the diet coke :( I shouldn't have set it there...lesson learned, there wasn't time to get a new diet coke, so we buckled up and were off again. We made it half a mile down the road and all of the sudden Maggie was SCREAMING, not fussy whinny crying, but "I'm in pain!" screaming....I turned around and somehow she had gotten her thumb stuck in the cup holder on the side of her carseat...so once again, we pulled over, I got out of the car, we dislodged the thumb and off we went! We made it to Omaha and were only 2 minutes late, thankfully we didn't have any friendly visits with officers today, we definitely would have deserved it!
what an adventure....I hope our flights tomorrow are less hectic, but I think I'll pack an extra change of clothes in our carry on just in case!
On a side note baby Potato weighs about 3lbs and has tons of hair. So much hair we could see it clearly on the ultrasound. The tech said that it pretty unusual to be able to see at this point, so she must really have alot of it. I'm afraid she might be born with more hair then her big sister has. I'll remember to pack a few ponytail holders in the hospital bag.
Sorry there aren't any pictures for todays post, but I promise if there were pictures, you wouldn't want to look....
Oh! Poor little Maggie! I hope she is feeling better before your long flight tomorrow! Have fun!
ReplyDeleteoh, just wait until you get to make that drive with 2...your trip length might double:) glad baby is doing well....can't wait to meet her with all that hair!
ReplyDelete