Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Perceptive Little Girl...

This morning Maggie was laying in bed while I picked out her clothes for school and very seriously she said "Mommy, why are you getting so round?"  I think she's getting tired of baby Potato taking up the space on my lap.

We've had a busy few days.  We spent New Years Eve at the Ries' with great friends, too much good food and lots of laughs.  We're lucky to have such wonderful friends here, they really are like family to us.  (and can you believe I didn't take a single picture!, what the heck!)

Saturday/Sunday was the annual Westerfield Family Christmas...it's total chaos, but a great time.  People sleeping everywhere, kids screaming, way too much food, lots of germ sharing, and a great time had by all. 
Maggie and Great-Aunt Bobbie worked on getting breakfast ready.

Maggie & Alex got new sleds, but the only place with any snow was the sidewalk, so Great-Uncle Jeff ran up and down pulling them...I think he was ready to quit before they were.

Maggie thought she would give it a try (I think it was still more work for Uncle Jeff).


Tuesday Grandma Karen and Maggie spent the day at the Children's Museum, this picture pretty much sums it up... I thought she would sleep all the way home from Omaha, but I was wrong, she talked non-stop, I've kind of gotten use to the chatter, but yesterday even I had a hard time keeping up.


And now it's officially time to take down Christmas at the Robinson house.  I hate to see the decorations go, but I'm sure before I know it, it will be time to put it all back up again.  Maggie had her own little live tree in the kitchen this year, she was very sad to see me haul it out to the trash and made me PROMISE that we could have another one next year.

Tomorrow after preschool we will head to Arizona to visit Lucy (and Grandma & Pops too) for a few days.  I'm sure I'll have some pictures to share when we return....AND finally my studio is under way, so as it comes along I will share some pictures of it as well.  I can't wait to have the beautiful space to capture baby Potato's first pictures!!  

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog and of course all of you. Lucy and I can't wait to see you this afternoon. Sorry Maggie, she won't be at the airport with me.

    ReplyDelete