Wednesday, December 11, 2013

what was I thinking???

Everyday for 5 and a half years, I've had running water in my kitchen....but TODAY the one day it had to be shut off (we got new counters this morning and the sink has to cure), I let my girls talk me into making gingerbread barns. It seemed like fun, until I realized everything (and everyone was sticky) and we didn't have a kitchen sink. Oh well, we got it mostly cleaned up in the laundry room, I guess the rest of the mess can wait until we have running water again tomorrow.

No gingerbread barn would be complete without a gummy horse :)





I've been sewing in all my spare moments, trying to finish up some Christmas projects....that makes my girls want to "help"....so earlier this week I gave in and everybody did a little project. Maggie thinks she should start a business....I told her maybe when she's 6 (and allowed to use the rotary cutter).



Tomorrow the tile starts going up on the backsplash in the kitchen, and I should have running water again before lunch. It's really starting to look good in there! I'm so glad I don't have pink countertops anymore!! Since they were working on the counters today, Gracie and I had a picnic in the playroom, she thought that was pretty fun....
 
I made quilts for the girls for Christmas, I picked them up from the quilter earlier this week! I LOVE them. I'm glad the kids don't read the blog, so I can show them to someone. I have to get them wrapped so I stop staring at them. I don't think they will think they are so great now, but I think someday they will appreciate them. Maggie watched me sew all the states, and she didn't really pay any attention, it'll be funny to hear her response when she figures out what they were for....
Maggie's

Gracie's

Maggie will like the horses best!

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment