Monday, December 30, 2013

Crazy Westerfield Christmas!!!

Whoa! What a weekend. Westerfield Christmas is one of the things I looked most forward to as a child and I'm honored that we got to host it again this year. It's a big commitment for everyone to load up their kids, their gifts, and EVERYTHING else they bring and haul it all the way to our house. By dinnertime Saturday night everyone was here and the house was full of laughter, chaos, food and most importantly love. Sometimes when I think about getting everything ready and I see all the food that needs to be dealt with and I stress about having enough "stuff" and finding someplace for everyone to sleep comfortably, I wonder if it's really all worth it....then it's all over and everyone goes home and I miss them like CRAZY and want them to come back. So yes, it's absolutely worth it, I'd do it again next week if I thought they would all come back :) I'm so glad my kids and their cousins get to grow up looking forward to the same tradition.....and maybe before long we better start thinking about an addition to our house.....a bunk room might be a good investment :)


Watching their Shrinky Dinks cook shrink.

She thought she would sleep in her tunnel :)



Maggie was SO excited to have a wheelchair for her baby! (and a cast and crutches too)




all the kids lined up to help Uncle Jeff pass out presents.


Our teepee village! I love it. My girls were really surprised because I
told them I wasn't going to have time to make them teepees.

 It was a great time! I'm so glad they came....hopefully they will all agree to come back next year!
I couldn't share this picture before because there were still gifts to be given, but now I can.
Maggie made scarves for all the girls in our family, I think about 25 scarves. She had a great time doing
it and spent lots of time deciding which scarf would be perfect for which person. She was SO excreted to give them,
they were the first gift at most of our celebrations. I'm proud of the love she has for giving gifts...she's such a sweet and caring girl.

After everyone headed home from Christmas, Maggie rested for just a little bit and then she was off to a Birthday party.....
...she was pretty tired, but wouldn't have missed it for the world. And it was a nice relaxing time for me watching them play and enjoying some girl time with my friends.

This morning the girls were pumped to see that it had snowed just a little. They couldn't wait to try out their new shovels from Alex and Ellie.....


...Maggie wanted me to text Arnie and let him know they took care of it :) I think it's a good thing it was just a dusting!

No comments:

Post a Comment