Saturday morning Gracie had a fever and was complaining about her ear hurting, since we were in Omaha I thought it warranted a quick trip to the pediatrician. While she and I were sitting in the waiting room I noticed an awful rash on her leg. By the time we got into the room, it had spread all over both legs and up her arms. I could pretty much watch it grow- I was really glad we were at the doctor.
Turns out the poor girl had hives!! The nurse quickly gave her a dose of Benadryl and the spreading slowed. Good news, her ears were ok. Bad news, she had a little stomach bug and her bodies reaction was the hives! They looked awful. After that we mostly laid low and took it easy.
Today Gracie is definitely doing better. The Benadryl seems to have her totally cracked out (the opposite of what it's supposed to do), but the hives are gone.
We loaded up about 2:45 to head back to Norfolk....50 miles later my dad called and pointed out that we had forgotten Reagan....seriously?? How does that happen? We turned around to go back and get her....poor dog, she's gotta make more noise!
On our way back to Omaha, Maggie was talking about vacations. So we decided it was a great time to tell her about the Disney Cruise we have booked for November. It's been really hard to keep the secret from her, we thought she would be really excited. I wish we'd taped the conversation, it was pretty surreal....it went something like this
Me or Arnie: "Maggie, we're going on an awesome Disney cruise"
Maggie: didn't say anything at first, I turned around, she was teary eyed and said, "No thank you. Can we go when I'm a bit older?"
Arnie: "crap, do we have trip insurance???"
Maggie is a little bit scared of characters and she thought on a Disney cruise they would sleep in your room. Now that we've talked about it more and shown her some videos she is more excited!! I hope she gets over her character issues in the next 2 months, but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath!
The best news of the weekend is that we just pulled back into Norfolk, finally at 8:30 pm....AND we have both of our kids and Reagan this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment