Sunday, September 15, 2013

Creepy Crawlies and the rest of our week.....

Ben & Jess gave Maggie a butterfly house for her birthday....do you know what you start with when you have a butterfly house??  A cup of caterpillars....cute, right? Not so much, the caterpillars are brown, hairy and a little gross, but the food and other gunk in their "habitat" is really icky....anyway we have really enjoyed watching them make their cocoons, hopefully in the next week or so we'll have some beautiful butterfly's.
Gracie was giving the little guys a pep talk before they built their cocoons.

...getting ready to spin their new homes....


....isn't that cool?? they're almost metallic and shiny gold.... the whole time they were building
their cocoons (6 or 8 hours) they shook like they had the shivers.
 
...and now we wait....
 
Besides watching caterpillars, this week we had all the usual stuff: School, horses, church, gymnastics, etc.

On Wednesday after school Maggie had her first appointment with the speech pathologist. She thought it was pretty fun. They played games, did flashcards and chatted. It was the therapists determination that Maggie does have significant "hyper-nasal" speech due to her tonsil and adenoid surgery, she also thinks Maggie could use a little help with her s and z sounds. So for the next few weeks we'll add a couple of speech therapy appointments a week to our calendar....

Tuesday was picture day, Maggie asked to sleep in curlers....her hair was pretty curly when she woke up.
On Friday, I got to go to Kindergarten! Maggie's teacher asked if I could start coming in on Fridays and read with the kids for a little while. I was SO excited to get to see her in her classroom and to be a part of her day. For 5 years I've pretty much known everything that goes on in her life, and all of the sudden for the last 20 days her world has been a mystery to me....not any more. Now I know what happens, how her classroom works, where she hangs her backpack, where she sits for story time, who she spends her days with and how wonderful her teacher is. I'm so glad I have the time to be able to be there with her and that she wants me there. I can't wait to go back this Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment