Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I wish I had a camera...

One of the girls favorite things to do after school is take their Gator and drive out to the mailbox. Yesterday it was WINDY but I didn't think of that when the headed out. I heard some commotion and looked out the front window.....newspaper parts were flying everywhere!!! Grace was sitting in the back of the gator, at the end of the driveway yelling at Maggie (because she knows she isn't supposed to go in the road) and Maggie was running around on the road like a kid in one of those carnival money machines. I took off across the yard to help them....without my camera! When I got out there I realized Gracie was sitting on the papers Maggie had already collected. We got all the papers contained, we're glad daddy was out of town so no one would really miss them. It was a pretty crumpled mess by the time we finished! We decided from now on maybe they should take a bag when they go.

This weekend we camped at Camp Merrill. The weather was perfect and we had a great time. We spent Saturday putting together the girls old swing set in the campground. We're so glad it has a new home!


We even found a use for Uncle Deems head....




My children look homeless....Gracie has no shoes and a dirty face, Maggie has a dirty
shirt and her shoes are untied and dad had apparently been crawling on the ground??

Arnie was headed out of town, so he went to Lincoln and the girls and I brought the camper home and unloaded it....we took this picture to prove we made it!

When we got home our butterflies had just hatched....all 5 of them made it. The girls are enjoying watching them, but I think it's probably about time to let them go.


No comments:

Post a Comment