Last Wednesday I took Maggie to visit the ENT. The verdict is in, the stuck tube needs to come out and unfortunately it looks like it's time to address her GIANT adenoids and tonsils as well. The GREAT news was that she passed her hearing test with flying colors, that must have been a fluke at the pediatricians office. (Now we know she's just ignoring us.)
She's scheduled for surgery on August 5th at 7am :( We could make the decision to just get the tube and take her adenoids for now, and leave the tonsils....but he says there is a 50/50 chance he'd need to go back in next summer and get the tonsils too. It's a tough decision. Adenoids are a pretty easy recovery, tonsils on the other hand sound like they can be pretty rough. He said the recovery period can easily be 10 days. It will definitely make for a crappy end to her summer, but at least they will be gone and hopefully all the puking and stuffy head she has to deal with now won't be in the way at kindergarten.
I wasn't sure what Maggie was getting from the conversation I was having with the doctor, when we got to the car I asked her about it. She knew we were talking about surgery, but the 2 things she was stuck on were that the Doctor said she couldn't swim for a week and that she could eat popsicles and ice cream for several days afterwards :) She didn't express any fear or really seem worried about being at the hospital....I hope she keeps that calm.
| While we were in Omaha, the girls helped Grandpa work on the jet skis. Who needs water?? |
No comments:
Post a Comment