Monday, March 25, 2013

They SELL horses?

Maggie and I have been reading the Little House on the Prairie books at bedtime. Saturday night she realized that in the book we're reading (Farmer Boy) the dad raises and trains horses and then sells them. She stopped me mid-sentence, and said "MOM, people sell horses?" I said yes. I told her that Pa trained colts to be good horses and sold them just like Valente, her trainer in Mexico. She obviously had NO idea that Valente sold horses. We read a little further, then she stopped me again and said "he won't sell Shakira will he?". I told her I hoped not. Then she had a brilliant idea, "what if I save my allowance, then I'll buy Shakira and a horse trailer and a truck." I told her if she saved enough money to buy Shakira, she could use daddy's truck.  I hope that was a safe promise....at $2.25 a week, she'd need like 20 years worth of allowance, so I think we're ok.
 
It was a pretty quiet weekend around here (well actually it's never quiet around here...but you know what I mean). The girls were really excited because Grandma Betti was in Nebraska and Brandon made a surprise visit.
 
Today is the start of a really busy week....Passover, Gramma Lea turns 80, Gracie's Birthday and Easter....whew! I'm going to need a nap by next Monday.
 
 
Despite the look on her face, Maggie was really excited about putting Elsie to sleep.

Friday night we went to movie night at church. We had a great time, with
great friends. (In this picture: Will & Danica Sheppard, Grace & Maggie, JJ & Carly Ries)

Before we left home Gracie hauled out her pajamas and asked to wear them...
seemed like a good idea, until we got there and she didn't want to run around with
the other kids because she wasn't wearing shoes.

Teach em' young. Brandon was trying to teach Maggie to fold laundry.
He might need an iron this week :)

On Saturday, Maggie sat Gracie down in the puppy chair to "have a chat about
her attitude." After I took this picture she closed the doors so I couldn't listen.

Yesterday Maggie "locked" Grace in the basement shower. From my office
I heard, "Gracie, it's jail time. You just do it. No whining!" Maybe she's not learning
exactly what we hoped at preschool?

No comments:

Post a Comment