Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mommy Guilt!

I have a little Mommy guilt about sending Gracie to daycare. She isn't there everyday, usually only a couple days a week....but still, I don't have a job (at least not a real one with a paycheck), why don't I just take care of her??  I justify it (to myself) because while she's there I have lots meetings, I plan, prepare, deliver backpacks and all the paperwork and background work that goes with that, etc....and I think after having a little break to work on some grown-up stuff, I'm a better mom. I also tell myself she LOVES it there.  Other then her unwillingness to go potty, she is SO happy to be dropped off.  She has an awesome teacher and whole little gang of friends (just ask her, she's happy to go through roll call with you).

BUT this week the guilt has increased. While we were on vacation Gracie's teacher (and Grace) moved up to the 2 year old room. Sounds great, in theory. In the room she came from there were usually 6 or 7 kids, they accomplished a lot in a day and it was always very organized and so happy. Yesterday when I got there to pick her up, there were 22 kids in her new room! It was total chaos. The teachers (there were 2 for ALL those kids) were frazzled, the kids were being naughty, it was LOUD and no one was happy. Gracie was really tired, the 10 minutes I was there were exhausting. I'm really praying that it's just growing pains and that by next week it's all smoothed over and back to the place we love.  I felt guilty taking her there when I knew we both loved it, it's going to be impossible to drop her off if we don't. AHhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

On a side note, here are a few pictures...
Maggie has been BEGGING to open my "treasure chest", I promised her there wasn't much in it. But
last night I finally dug out the key (while she pretended to be a pirate) and we opened it up. She found all
kinds of treasures. Including: candles, a flip-flop picture frame, a First National blanket, a newspaper with a
much younger picture of my dad and Uncle Jeff and a beautiful embroidered table runner. I bet I haven't
opened that chest since before I moved out of my apartment in 2004.

I think we might officially be done with the high chair. Gracie prefers to eat her meals
on a stool at the table or at the counter with her sister. It's a little sad to put it away, but
I will be thrilled not to trip over it in the kitchen anymore.

I guess were done with outlet covers??

No comments:

Post a Comment