Saturday night we had a Surprise 40th Anniversary/60th bday party for Aunt Debbie and Uncle Mike. The party was great fun, but spending the afternoon preparing for the party was my favorite part. It was total chaos, but Maggie got to run around with her cousins, I got to chit chat with my cousins and it was just a fun time. Dennis and I even made a trip to the grocery store together. When we were kids I couldn't imagine a time when I would do much of anything without him....but now I can't remember the last time we were in a car together. It was fun! Aunt Debbie and Uncle Mike were definitely surprised, so that was fun too. Good work Leslie!!!
Yesterday the girls and I headed home and Arnie headed for a meeting in Chicago. He'll be home late tonight. Tomorrow evening, after gymnastics, the girls and I will head back to Omaha and then Wednesday morning we'll fly to Atlanta to meet Bella Hello Kitty (oh ya and see Aunt Amy and Uncle Evan :)) Maggie is so excited, she keeps asking if tomorrow is the day we go.
It's always a new adventure around here, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Last week it was pretty cold outside, so we let peanut come in for a little warm up. After being "handled" by the kids I think she might have been happy to head back outside.

Friday night, it became obvious that Gracie's ear was bothering her...so we went to the Children's clinic and sure enough, she has her first ear infection...by this point Maggie had probably had a dozen, so I'll consider us lucky! The nurse was asking questions at the begin of the visit and she asked if Grace had any underlying medical conditions...I said no, and the women look at me and said, "Mam, she's wearing a helmet?" oh ya, I guess I don't really notice it anymore and I definitely don't think of it as a medical condition. We had a good laugh about Grace's square head and then got on with the questions.

Grace, where are you going???

ANYWHERE I want!!!
We put Maggie's bounce house in the basement. It kept the kids busy for hours.

Aunt Joyce is always a sucker for a cute kid with a book.
I love this picture!! I adored Leslie as a child (I still do), she was always my older, cool cousin. It's fun to watch our girls love each other too. They don't get to live a couple of blocks apart like we did, but they sure do enjoy each other.
We should have taken this picture before 11pm, the kids were all pretty tired, but Grandma is still going strong :)
Gracie was ready to help clean up!
Such a fun weekend, makes for a couple of tired girls.....
No comments:
Post a Comment