Thursday, May 14, 2015

Let's see.....

I have changed some security settings and done a zillion google searches, it seems that now my blog is at least not "googelable".....My children (and my husband and I) can't be searched and have the blog show up, I've double checked that our last name isn't all over it and there are no references to our address....so far now, I'm going to call that good. I'll wait and see if any strange comments or visitors appear in the near future....I hope not, but if they do, then I'll revisit.

I CAN'T believe there are only 5 days of school left.....4 and a half really! AHHHHHHHHHH! I feel like my list of "to do's" before I have the kids home full time is looooonnnnggg. AND Maggie's Birthday is next week and I have done ABSOLUTLY nothing to prepare....shhhhhh don't tell her, I'll wing it!

Gracie's soccer season wrapped up last week, her coach (dad) was relieved. She seemed to enjoy it, though I'm pretty sure she's the kid who would enjoy any sport, no matter how good she was at it, as long as it was outside. She's almost done with her primary Montessori drawers (phonics, letter writing and basic reading) and SUPER excieted that when she gets back school in the fall she will be a "downstairs kid", a "reader" and get to do workbooks.

Maggie and Jude are still working hard at loping and Maggie is anxious for summer so she can spend more time in the barn.....she keeps asking if she can spend extra time there doing chores.....why doesn't she ever ask that at home? Yesterday Maggie got an award at school for her reading comprehension, she's doing great in everything at school but her reading is especially great. Last time they tested her she was reading at somewhere between a 4th and 5th grade level....she's supposed to read an assigned number of books in her level each quarter....do you have any idea how hard it is to find books appropriate and understandable for a first grader that are written for a 5th grader??? I feel like an expert Amazon searcher and I've definitely read more chapters of Judy Bloom (when I'm home alone) then I'd like to admit.

Arnie and I have been working hard to get our rental house ready. We finally have everything pretty much ready to put back together....now we wait for kitchen cabinets. Our house plans are coming along, we have the basic floor plan pretty much worked out. We've interviewed a couple of builders in the last week. It sounds like we won't be able to break ground until spring of next year and hopefully we will move in sometime late spring of 2017......it seems like a long time, but there are a bazillion decisions to be made between now and I'm guessing it will be here before we know it.

My purse was stolen last weekend, out of the truck in my parents drive way. It's been a headache! By the time we found it (8am) they had used my credit cards at every gas station on Maple street. Apparently they needed all the scratch tickets in town! I had to cancel both my credit cards, close our checking account and replace Gracie's gum :) Darn bad guys strike again! I have replaced all the financial stuff but haven't replaced my favorite camera or my sunglasses yet.....I suppose I should give up hope they will be found. I'm hopefully my new drivers license comes today, it really bothers my rule following daughter that I would dare drive without it.

Brandon graduated from college last Saturday! We're so proud of him....he's looking for a job, but I think secretly hoping he'll have a little time to "relax" this summer. Hopefully we'll get to see some of him. His Indian dream catcher is still hanging in his bedroom, I expect that that means now that he's a grownup he's still going to use "his room". He came home 2 weeks ago and wanted to take the girls fishing....if you've ever fished with little kids you know about how it went :) Bless his heart he tried. They only broke one pole and the girls didn't catch anything, but they were so HAPPY he took them!





Maggie made a Chia head at church a few weeks ago, it's growing like crazy. It takes talent to 'brush' the grass into
pigtails. She thinks I should braid it next......probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment