Thursday, May 21, 2015

Maggie's Birthday

Yesterday we celebrated Maggie's Birthday with Arby's for lunch, a couple of hours in the barn, and Prime Rib dinner at the Sand Bar. Grandma & Pops got home from Arizona just in time and Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Deem, Uncle Mark and Elsie came to help us celebrate. Maggie really enjoyed her day. 





 
This morning I had to tell Maggie some terrible news and I was dreading it. Shakira, her favorite Mexican horse died of colic. I knew how broken hearted she would be but she needed to know before we get there next week. Maggie took the news very well, she was sad but really handled it like a big girl. I'm very proud of her and so sad that Shakira is gone. I think her first ride on a new horse their will be hard but I know they will have another one she'll love.  Shakira will always be special to us, she was the first horse that made Maggie love to ride and the first horse she ever took a lesson on.

No comments:

Post a Comment