I've been doing some research lately and have been thinking a lot about my blog. I don't EVER want to do anything that would bring danger or harm to my kids....maybe sharing their lives online has some repercussions that I hadn't considered. Occasionally someone I don't know will leave a comment or something weird will pop up on a post...I just want to protect the girls.
I LOVE blogging about our life. I started this so I would have a record of the day to day memories....and we all enjoy looking through the books of past years and reading about what we were up to. There are also SO many of you who I wish could be a part of my girls daily lives, but can't and sharing this blog with all of you makes it feel more like you are here with us. I'm so grateful for the calls the kids get asking about what they did this day or that, or input and advice on different things I write about. My kids world is more full because some of you take the time to see what's happening in their lives and check in. They feel like you know them and that is invaluable to me.
There are ways to secure the blog a little, to give people permission to read it, but that makes it a real pain to read. I don't know. I have more research to do. Maybe it's fine the way it is....I just need to decide what the risk is and if it's worth it. I really love having you all in our lives, I just can't ever do anything that risks my girls safety and comfort. Damn bad guys, they have to mess up everything! We'll see, I'll keep posted.
BUT as long as I'm writing we've had lots of fun lately, so here are a few pictures.....
 |
| Oh Jude! |
 |
| Movie night at Grandma and Grandpas! |
 |
| Hammering practice in the shop. |
 |
| Gracie has a new friend at the barn. |
 |
Today was Gracie's Bike-A-Thon at school. 60 three and four and year olds on bikes is more
dangerous then it sounds (especially for the Mom/Teacher traffic cops) |
 |
After they were done riding they had a pizza picnic. Gracie has the best teachers, they
have always been so good to both girls. I really enjoy getting a chance to help them. |
 |
Lots of posting! Tuesday Maggie and Jude started loping (running faster)...Maggie was really excited
to try it. It's one of those things I would expect her to be afraid of but because Jude is involved she's willing to try.
They make a great team. |
 |
Tuesday was Maggie's last Girl Scout meeting of the year. We've had fun with our little
troop of Daisy's. We aren't going to do Girl Scouts next year, there just isn't time and we will
need to start working on 4H so she can ride Jude in the fair. |
 |
Tuesday was Ms Lauren's last softball game. Maggie and I drove up to Yankton to watch.
Lauren graduates from college next Saturday and in a few weeks she'll be off to her new job
in Dallas. I'm not sure how her mother is handling it, but it sure is HARD on me. |
No comments:
Post a Comment