Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Some days....

...I don't blog because I don't want a recorded history of the day :)
The last week and a half has been exhausting. I hate to complain, because Maggie is the one dealing with all the pain, but it's been a long 8 days for all of us. If I had blogged yesterday I wouldn't of had much to say except, the girls are going crazy, everyone is tired of being home. They fight (constantly) and yell, I scold and put in time-out, we take medicine, we argue about resting, we argue about drinking water, they whine and then we do it all over again and again and again....Thankfully today has been better. For the most part I think Maggie is feeling a little better. She's had some moments of excruciating pain today, they told us that it would be very painful when the scabs started to fall off (gross!!!). But she's also had more energy and been up and playing more today then in the previous days.

Lots of people have asked about Maggie's voice. I would never tell her this but it's driving me CRAZY!! Since about 10 hours after surgery it has been extremely nasally. I think she is also moving her tongue funny to avoid the back of her throat. Everything she says sounds like it's coming out of her nose and she sounds a touch British. From what we read, it sounds like it can take 10 to 12 weeks for it to go back to a more normal tone....by 12 weeks from now I'm going to have gone crazy (and so will her new Kindergarten teacher). I'm sure everything in there is swollen....she still mostly breaths out of her mouth (which she did all the time before the surgery) I'm not sure if it's out of habit or necessity. Pray for a return to normal...for all of our sanity.

Anyway, we're still on the mend, not much new to report here. We were going to try and go to Omaha and do some school shopping, but Mom & Dad have both been a bit under the weather this week, and I didn't want to risk Maggie getting sick. We'll see, maybe we'll go Thursday if we think the germs are gone. The big First Day of Kindergarten is Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment