Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back to life!

Maggie is finally starting to feel better. I think all the excitement about Kindergarten helps, but she's definitely turned a corner.

The girls (and I) had to say good-bye to Miss Lauren today. She heads back to college on Saturday. We will miss her like crazy. I can't believe I didn't take a picture! Darn it. Maggie was very sad to see her go. Gracie had no idea what was going on, but about an hour after Lauren left, she asked if Miss Rhinno was coming back later :( We'll see her soon, but it's not the same as when she's home all summer. Hopefully she'll decide she wants to come home again next summer :)

Maggie had a lot of good-byes today. Lexi, another special babysitter took her out for ice cream and to the park this afternoon, before she heads to college Monday. We're so lucky to have so many wonderful role models for our girls.

Tonight we had Open House at Maggie's school. We got to see her classroom, talk to her teacher, check out the library and art/music room and see lots of her classmates. She was so excited to go, she wanted to wait in the car for Arnie to get home from work.
When she went for Kindergarten Round-Up she told her teacher she liked to be Margaret sometimes, so her cubby label says Margaret.

Our (almost) Kindergartener all tucked in and ready for bed!

This morning she wore her backpack around for awhile to "practice".
 A few other pictures from the last week or so....

Cooking is risky business....

....but it makes her SO happy :)

Tuesday night we had a spontaneous end of summer play date with friends! We
will sure miss the late nights and daytime parties :)

She is the happiest trouble-maker I've ever known!


The other night I asked Arnie to bring up a book for Gracie...this is what
I got! Poor dog!
 
 
To bed, to bed....tomorrow is a big day at the Robinson house!!! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment