Wednesday, May 29, 2013

PARTY!!

Today was Maggie's Birthday Party. She's been very patient for the 9 days since her Birthday, but she was SO excited it was finally here!

When I asked what she wanted to do this year for a party she said she'd like to have a play date with her friends and eat Jimmy John's on a picnic blanket. Sounds easy enough :) They were predicting severe storms here today, so we had to move the picnic party inside, but we managed. She and I are both lucky to have such great friends.  Several of my dearest friends, and the mom's of Maggie's dearest friends are teachers, so I LOVE summer when they are around during the day to play with us! Today was just the beginning of an awesome summer! Maggie loved the party and is totally worn out resting on the couch now. Gracie might sleep until tomorrow if I let her!

The "picnic baskets" all ready to go!

It wasn't quite like eating outside, but we moved the furniture and
had a living room picnic. The Birthday girl decided she should sit right in
the middle :)

Say "Jimmy John's"!


Maggie (and her friends) really love the bounce house, so we moved more
furniture and made room for it in the basement! It worked great, and they all
got lots of exercise.



We pulled a card out of the old Girl Scout handbook and everyone made a Sit-Upon.
The kids had a good time lacing and sewing. Corky (my girl scout leader) would be so proud!!

Duct Tape works on everything :)


The sit-upons were a perfect cushion for Popsicles on the porch.

YUM YUM!



I hope Maggie enjoyed her Birthday party as much as the rest of us did. Happy 5th Birthday Margaret!

No comments:

Post a Comment