Monday, May 20, 2013
Dear Maggie...
Dear Maggie,
Wow! Today you are 5 years old (or a "whole hand" as you've been telling people)! It's gone so quickly. You aren't a little girl anymore. This year has been all about learning for you. You learned to read, ride a horse, do the monkey bars, play softball, your swimming improved a ton and you're becoming more and more self sufficient. It's so fun to watch. You are a very patient big sister, Gracie tries very hard to irritate you (sometimes she succeeds) and you do your best to be kind to her.
You're just finishing preschool now. I know you'll miss your teachers and friends, but you are so excited for Kindergarten and Daddy and I are so excited for you.
You love to ride your bike, play on your swing set and be outside. You especially love family camping trips. You like to play school (you have a bit of a reputation for being a mean teacher), you love puzzles, projects and playing games. You've always LOVED horses, but this year you had the chance to start taking lessons and riding more often. There are 2 very special horses in your life, Shakira and Chevy. You also lost 2 of your best (and first) horse friends this year, Sam & Topper.
You are very mature, you have anxiety and worries that shouldn't be on the mind of a 5 year old. You're definitely a perfectionist and you always worry about doing your best. Daddy and I do our best to calm your nerves (otherwise you puke) and reassure you just how special you are. I hope someday you see yourself as the amazing girl that daddy and I see.
You did lots of traveling in your 4's....this may have to slow down a bit now that you'll start school. We went to Disney World, made a couple of trips to Atlanta, a few trips to the beach, visited Grandma and Pop's in Arizona, went to Chicago, and did lots of camping. I'm probably forgetting a few trips, but you're a girl on the move and you love to go and do and see.
I can't wait to see what the next chapter of your life brings. You're going to love school, Montessori is just the right place for you.
You continue to amaze everyone around you, all the time. We love and adore you. I'm the luckiest Mommy in the world. Thank you for being my little girl.
Love,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
a.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment