Friday, April 12, 2013

Nothing to do but laugh....

Wednesday was one of THOSE days! Now that it's 48 hours behind me, it really doesn't seem so bad, but at the time I was pretty sure NOTHING was going to go right. I'll give you a few highlights...actually, now that I reread them, they are kind of funny.

We started the day with no power (which at our house means no water (no flushing toilets)). Thankfully Maggie's preschool was open (we had several inches of ice and sleet). So the girls brushed their teeth, used the bathroom and had their faces washed at school....pretty sure we looked homeless :) 

When I went back to get Maggie at school, the first teacher I saw said, "Janet has her downstairs, she has her finger stuck in something." I found her downstairs with her finger stuck through the Little People Castle door. The teacher had covered it in butter and Maggie was being very brave while it was removed. Phew, the castle door finally came off....Maggie's finger was pretty red and a bit swollen, but it was fine.

We got home, the girls were playing in the playroom and Maggie decided to "help" Gracie get up the ladder on the little slide and BAM! Gracie fell hard, right on to her nose. By the time I got the 20 feet to her, it was already swollen, she looked like she stuck 2 grapes up there. It took a couple of hours to get the bleeding stopped, poor thing. Once she stopped screaming from the initial shock, she handled it really well. Yesterday, we made a quick trip to Urgent Care because it was still bleeding, he assured me that she would be fine. Her nose is still straight :) and she can breath....I guess that's what's really important!

Thursday was a much less eventful day....other then the 6 inches of snow we woke up too! Here's to a weekend without any stuck fingers, trips to the emergency room, or puke!

 
 The picture above was Monday, when it was 60 and sunny....the picture below is Wednesday night (before we got 6 more inches of snow!) What the heck?
A few pictures from our week....
We started the week with Henry's 1st Birthday party!

Yah, for Birthday cake!!!

Carly is so silly!


Grace figured out the ladder in the playhouse...

...but she can't figure out how to get down :)



Grace was sick on Tuesday, poor thing! but she made a quick recovery.


Yesterday there was a new friend to check on at the barn....

....meet Rudy, he's 6 days old and SO cute.





No comments:

Post a Comment