Then, if reading wasn't enough....today she TIED a shoe! She practiced and practiced and practiced and she got it. It'll take a little more practice before she's ready to tie them quick on our way out the door, but she's getting closer.
It was much easier to practice on Grandpa's big shoe then on her little one.
Arnie and I had a bit of a walk down memory lane this weekend...Friday night we had dinner with Ben and Amy at Goldbergs, around the corner from our old house. We walked in and were greeted with hugs and kisses from the owner, it's like we never left. (I think that means we used to go there too much!) I miss having a neighborhood place like that. Then this morning we took the girls to The Dell for lunch, another regular hang out in our old neighborhood.
Arnie took the girls for a stroll down Underwood...I miss walking there, there was always so much going on and people everywhere....it's a long ways from the horses and gravel roads of our current stomping ground.
Last night we went to Aunt Debbie and Uncle Mike's, Hailie and Connor (and their mom and dad) are here for a couple of weeks, so we got to kick off their visit with a BBQ. I hope we get in lots more playing while they're here.
A few other pictures from the weekend...
Root Beer Floats for a mid-morning snack, why not? We're at Grandma and Grandpa's!!!
Maggie and Grandma worked on homework....after Maggie got her "Princess hair" :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment