Last night the girls and I drove to Omaha for Grandma Westerfield's birthday dinner. It was kind of a last minute decision, but neither of my kids were napping (and both desperately needed it), we had time and Maggie was so disappointed that we were going to stay home and miss Alex, Ellie and Oliver. So at 3:50 we hopped in the car. It was totally worth it! The girls both slept all the way there, we had a great dinner, the kids had fun playing, and they watched a movie all the way home. On the way home Maggie said, "See Mom, I told you we should go." She was right!
I've said this before, but I'm so BLESSED to have 2 amazing Grandma's, who have been active participants in my entire life. I'm thankful that they are both "young" and healthy enough to be active in my girls lives as well. All Grandma's are special people but I tend to think mine are EXTRA special.
Somehow I didn't get a single picture of the birthday girl....but I did get these of the kids loving their dinner....
Grace had the last of her 3 day shots this morning. They've definitely helped her ears, I know they hurt like crazy, but I think it will be worth it tomorrow when we're flying. Maggie doesn't like to be in the room when Grace gets her shots, so by today she'd made friends with all the nurses, knew how to get to some Barbie game on the admins computer and was upset when Grace was finished because she was "playing with her new friend" (one of the nurses).
This evening we will head back to Omaha, and tomorrow morning our Disney adventure begins. Our camper made it there last night, so as long as we get there without incident we're off to a good start.
No comments:
Post a Comment