Friday, March 11, 2011

Birthday Party, BASKETBALL and more doctors...

Wednesday night we went to JJ's 3rd Birthday party.  It was total chaos, but what else do you expect from a bunch of kids under the age of 5 (and a few silly grown-ups).  We had a great time and it was really nice to just relax for a little while with great friends.  Maggie adores JJ and his big sister Carly, I'm so glad that they will be able to grow up together... The move to Norfolk has been a huge adjustment for all of us, without this amazing family, I truly believe it would have been impossible. 

Happy 3rd Birthday JJ!!!

I wish I could blame this on the children :)
 
CHEESE!!!!!   Best buds!


 

















Yesterday was the 1st day of State Basketball, we all went to Lincoln (SHHHHHH....don't tell the doctor) to watch an amazing basketball game.  In the end, the Panther's won by 1 point in overtime.  If that game didn't send my blood pressure over the top, I don't think anything will.  This was Maggie's 3rd State Basketball tournament, and while she likes the Panthers she made it pretty clear that she was there for the popcorn :)   
Events like state basketball make me appreciate Norfolk.  It's fun to be a part of all the excitement and to be surrounded by your friends and neighbors (and all the town crazies).  It's fun to see the stream of 7 county cars in the parking lot and on the highway and it's exciting to feel the buzz around town.  Growing up in Omaha, we loved state basketball, when our high school was playing and we got to leave school for a trip to Lincoln. But it's a completely different for the towns where everyone is cheering for the same team.  I like it. 

Arnie's headed back to Lincoln to cheer them on this morning.  Potato and I get to go see yet another doctor.  This morning it's a cardiologist....(and just so it's recorded somewhere, Arnie wanted to go with me, but I insisted that we'd be fine and he should go to Lincoln for the game.)  My heart rate and potato's have both been very erratic, so they just want to do a few tests and make sure we're both in good shape for delivery.  I'm sure all will check out fine and they'll just tell me to continue to take it easy (I'm not sure they include attending basketball games in that description, but they never specifically addressed it.)  We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment