Friday, April 14, 2017

Happy 1st Birthday Haddie.

Dear Haddie,
I'll probably say this every year, but I really can't believe you're one already. The time seems to move faster every day. You can't imagine how much I love you. You were the baby girl that I so desperately wanted but didn't know if I'd ever get to have. It seemed like we waited forever for you, in hindsight you came at exactly the right time. I can't imagine our family without you. You were such an easy baby, you were happy to be hauled along wherever your sisters need to be. You were on the sidelines of a soccer game before you were a week old and you've spent more hours in a barn then some cowboys.

You adore your big sisters even when they're swinging you around by one arm. I've waited all year for one of them to really get mad at you, it hasn't happen. They love you as much as you love them. You love to be outside. Currently the swing is you FAVORITE thing! You were slow to decide you wanted to eat but now that you've caught on, there isn't much you don't like.

Much to Gracie's dismay, you hate shoes! Hopefully it will warm up soon and we can quit fighting about it. Before we know it you'll be walking, you do lots of standing but aren't ready to take a step. You crawl really fast and if you whine enough one of your sisters will carry you anyplace you want to go....so there isn't a lot of motivation to take off. Your favorite thing to say is "uh-oh" and as soon as I walk into your room in the morning you say "Hi" (usually "Hi dad"....but whose keeping track). You love music and dancing. Sometimes I swear you're singing a song.

I love watching your personality develop. I think you are going to be a little shy, quick to laugh and make others laugh and maybe just a bit ornery, but we'll see. Whoever you are becoming, I know she'll be special.

I'm so lucky to be your Mom. Happy 1st Birthday Haddie Lea.
I love you-
Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment