Last week when I went to the doctor she told me to have my bags packed and be ready to deliver baby Chip.....she was just kidding. While it wasn't a nice joke and I was disappointed at the time, we have really enjoyed this last week as a family of 4. We've spent lots of time outside (when we weren't blowing away), we've ridden the horses, we went to our first horse show (just to watch) and we've CLEANED and ORGANZED :) (who doesn't fill dumpsters and power wash anything that will sit still when they are about to deliver a baby!)
 |
| I'm not sure she could add another accessory or color if she tried! |
 |
Gracie has been carrying a baby around with her everywhere and she really enjoys using all the stuff in the nursery. The other day when she
was napping I found this in the baby's room :) |
 |
What Princess doesn't need a unicorn :) Gracie got this horn for her Birthday and was so anxious to use it. Breezy was
thrilled as you can tell. |
 |
Maggie forgot to grab her helmet on the way into the arena. While it's not how I'd like her to ride, it was nice to get a picture of her without it on!
She and Jude have made a ton of progress in the last few months. Her riding has really improved and they are working like a great team. It's been
fun to watch her confidence and enjoyment increase. |
 |
| The girls have been getting along really well, it's fun to watch them be friends. |
 |
| One of the many benefits of having an older kid when you're 39 weeks pregnant. She offers to help with my shoes every day :) |
 |
| Sunday we cleaned the garage, as you can see, Gracie was a huge help! |
 |
| They sprouted bean seeds at school, so yesterday we HAD to get them planted. |
 |
Since Maggie started school Gracie has really been my shadow. She goes to meetings, helps with backpack stuff, works in the yard, whatever
I have going on, there she is.....and yesterday was officially our last day just the 2 of us (she has preschool today). It was a little sad for me.
I know we will LOVE having baby Chip with us, but I've really enjoyed having one on one time with her. Maggie is really a Daddy's girl,
but Gracie is still very much Mama's girl, the baby might be a harder adjustment for her then she's ready for. |
Today was St. Jude Bike-A-Thon day at Gracie's school. This was our 6th Bike-a-Thon, 3 with Maggie and now 3 with Gracie. The kids love it and I've enjoyed getting to help with each one. We had great weather this morning and Gracie was all about riding.
 |
| Gracie and Lily |
 |
| Gracie and Lily again, "taking a break" :) |
Tonight Mom will come to Norfolk and Arnie and I will head for Omaha. Assuming all goes well, first thing tomorrow morning we will meet Baby Chip. Maggie is adamant she doesn't want us to tell her if Chip is a boy or a girl until she gets to the hospital (and that she HAS to be the first to know), so everyone will have to be patient until tomorrow evening for our big announcement. Say a prayer for Chip and I, tomorrow will be a big day. Less then 24 hours until we are officially a family of 5!
No comments:
Post a Comment