Monday, November 16, 2015

CRAZY people!

Sometimes I think I do things specifically to try and push myself off the ledge! The last 2 days have been crazy! Now that it's all worked out, I wouldn't change a thing but there were a few moments along the way when I thought I just might have tried to cram too much in :) I'm guesing there were a few more moments when Arnie thought I'd totally lost my mind, but he's such a good guy he just comes along with all my crazy!

Saturday morning, we had breakfast in Time Square.....
.....we had dinner in New Brunswick, NJ.....
...we got stuck on a bus waiting to get back on our plane because ALL radar was down in New York and New Jersey....we arrived in Lincoln at 1:30am....drove to Omaha, stopped at Walmart at 2:30am (because I forgot to pack the girls riding boots)....stopped at mom and dads to shower, and were back at the Omaha airport by 4:45.....We had breakfast in Phoenix....

....and lunch in Cabo.....
.....we were EXHAUSTED, but the good news (for this starving pregnant lady) is, we didn't miss a meal :)

Arnie and I had the chance to go on a University charter to New York for a couple of days of sight seeing and the Rutgers game. We had a great time, walked about 50,000 steps and saw as much a possible in 48 hours. Mike & Kate Bamsey went with us and were great travel companions!




We ended the trip with the Rutgers Football Game. It was COLD and WINDY. The forcast had been for about 60 and sunny at kickoff, but changed the day before. It was more like 40 and windy.....BRRRRRRRRRRR! Thankfully the University had gifted us some warm weather gear, just in case (Arnie didn't pick that pom pom hat out himself, but he has grown rather fond of it) and Kate and I were able to find blankets at the Walgreens before we left New York. The girls couldnt believe they let a horse run on the field before the game, might just be a recruiting tool!

After the game we loaded the buses and headed for the Newark airport. Just as we arrived we found out all radar was DOWN and they wouldn't even let us in the gate until they had it back. So we waited....I was pretty sure as long as we left there by 1am EST we would make our flight in Omaha. We took off just after 11. 

We were exhasuted but we made it.....we also learned that those neck pillows are not made for people with no neck  :)
After a good nights rest, the swelling in my ankles has mostly gone down and we are ready for vacation....oh and don't worry, we had dinner too....might be bed time but we're not going to miss a meal! 



No comments:

Post a Comment