You could tell at first glance it was pretty bad. Xrays confirmed her thumb was broken. The doctor gave her a local anesthetic, straightened it back out and put on a bright purple cast. Maggie was so tough and brave through the whole thing. I was pretty sure I was going to faint a couple of different times, but I'm happy to say, I didn't!
| She and Arnie watched a lot of YouTube videos of the National Rodeo Finals while we waited. |
| That middle bone is supposed to be straight.....OUCH!!!! |
| Daddy helped hold her fingers up while the doctor put her cast on. |
| Thumbs up!! She wasn't real thrilled that they cut off the sleeve of her shirt, she was even less happy when I told her there was no way to sew it back on. |
| She went back and had a couple more xrays after they were all done. She was pretty drugged by then. |
Since Saturday she's done awesome! The only thing she's figured out she can't do is tie her shoes and button her pants. BUT armed with sweatpants, Velcro shoes, some modified tshirts, a reengineered coat and one bright cast mitten she's off and running!
....getting on Jude was tough the first time, but once she was up, she was good to go.She had barely exited the hospital when she was ready to have people sign her cast (it's pretty full now). Sunday she had a special signer....she saved him a big spot in the middle.
After school today we will visit the hand doctor just to confirm that everything is staying still and that the cast is doing it's job. Hopefully after that we'll know a little more about how long she'll be putting up with this.
No comments:
Post a Comment