Thursday, November 6, 2014

November??

How did that happen? It's time to take the Jack-O-Lanterns down and shortly we will replace them with trees and lights :)

It's been business as usual around here. We've had Elsie with us for a few days, which has been lots of fun. She's been SO good and we love having her. At times keeping Gracie from hurting her seems like a full time job :) We sure will miss her when we have to give her back.

Halloween was a little different this year. We've spent every Halloween for as long as I can remember with my cousins (and the rest of the family too). This year, everyone was out of town, so we were on our own. I'd be lying if I said I was a little homesick all day, but we had good time Trick-or-Treating with the girls in Norfolk. It was pretty cold and their was a district football game in town (LOTS of porch lights were off), so we didn't stay out too long.
Elsa, the ladybug and Saige (an American Girl)

The girls took their Jack-O-Lanterns to Grandma and Pop's house since nobody would
see them all the way out at our house.



 
I let Gracie try gymnastics again this week....she promised she wouldn't throw a fit and gave me several very convincing pleas about how she wanted to go....guess what....it was exactly the same. I reminded her several times that the teacher would still be a boy and she said that was ok, then she saw him and that was it. I made her sit in a chair and watch them for most of the class, "the boy" tried to coax her to join them several times, those attempts always ended in screaming.....so now we're done trying. No more gymnastics for Gracie :(
 
Here are a few other pictures from the week....
I think Jude likes whatever story she is telling :)

You never know when you might need an umbrella?


Maybe she thought if she closed herself in a horse corral, she'd be safe from Gracie....

.....she was wrong :)

"Mom, my steffoscope might be a little bit cold. Take a deep breath."


hmmmmmmm? maybe we need more furniture.


On Sunday Miss Lauren (and Collin too) came and asked the girls to be
flower girls in their wedding. You can imagine how that went. Maggie was just beside
herself and Gracie ran upstairs and got her silver shoes and told Miss Lauren she had her
fancy shoes ready!

Silly silly gilrs! Thanks to $5 PJ week at Costco they get to be twins!

A year ago I was appointed to the Northeast Community College Board of Governors...Tuesday I was officially elected to retain my seat. My race ended up with 42 write in votes against, next week I'll start hunting down those 42 people  :)

Another safe place to hide from Gracie!

No comments:

Post a Comment