Sometimes things just don't go like you expect them to. Gracie has been asking for months to go to gymnastics. Today was the first day of the new session, she was SO excited. I got all the schedules rearranged so I could drop Maggie off at the barn for a lesson, race across town to the gymnastics building, let Gracie take her class and then go back to the barn for Maggie. It was going to work out perfectly, until....we got to gymnastics and the teacher was a boy! I didn't really think anything of it, but it wasn't going to get by Gracie. She went in and tried to be brave for about 2 minutes, then we had a full on melt down. She wanted to go home, she wanted me to be her teacher, she wanted a girl teacher, and on and on.....I felt bad for her. I could tell she was heartbroken and legitimately nervous but there was a part of me that was SO irritated. I'd worked it all out, we'd worked this into the schedule, she was going to have her own activity....and darn it, it was all crumbling in front of me. After 20 minutes of trying to coax her back into the class, I gave up. I took her home and told her maybe she could try gymnastics again when she was bigger. Now what am I going to do? I'm not going to race around like a crazy person every Tuesday to get her there just to have her refuse to participate...but I don't think it's a good lesson if I find a class with a girl teacher and let her switch (not to mention it will totally screw up another days schedule).....AHHHHHHH! Why oh why did the teacher have to be a boy????? GRRRRRRRRRR! I know, I know, we could have WAY bigger problems, and I'm grateful we don't, but seriously, why couldn't it have just been a girl???
Okay, enough whining, here are a couple pictures from today....
No comments:
Post a Comment