Monday, August 18, 2014

...and then it was just me!

Today it was Gracie's turn...
She helped to pack her lunch last night, she was REALLY excited about her Frozen lunch box. If you asked her, she would tell you she was taking "raisins" but don't worry, she also had a muffin, yogurt, cheese and bologna (all staples for her).

I was worried that she would cry when I dropped her off, she's a bit of a Mama's girl, but she did great. They got a fish tank at school over the summer and it's hard to compete with fish :) She gave me a couple of extra hugs and then was off to play. I'm so glad to loves it there.




Seriously Mom, can we go in yet????
I know she went to Preschool last year, but this feels different. She's bigger, eager and really ready for school.....and I am not.

I'm having a tough time with school this year. I'm not sure why it seems so different, I'm just not ready to send them off into the world. The world is such a screwed up place these days and my girls are my world....I'll get used to it, it'll be a tough week, but we'll find a routine, right? :( I know homeschooling isn't the answer, and we would all get tired of that too, but man it's hard to give them to someone else for the day and for whatever reason seems to be getting harder. Not to mention we LOVE summer, our friends are home, we can come and go as we please, sleep in, stay up late, go to Omaha, travel on a whim and PLAY! I think I'm in a funk....maybe chocolate will help!

1 comment:

  1. Sniff, sniff...Waaayyyyy tooooo fast! Enjoy the chocolate!

    ReplyDelete