Saturday, May 17, 2014

Kindergarten

Kindergarten has been such a great experience for Maggie. She has really matured and has done so well in her class. One day last week her teacher was gone, so I went in to help the kids write Thank You letters to give her the last day of school. While we were there we took a class picture.....
....there are 21 of them right now, but 2 of the boys are moving over the summer. Next year there will be 13 girls and 6 boys!

When I got there Friday for my last day in their class they had written me thank you notes too. They were really sweet. Maggie wanted to be sure I knew that Mrs. Marsden said it was ok that she wrote "Dear Mom", instead of "Dear Miss Julie" like everyone else :)
 
10 years ago I would have thought you were crazy if you told me I'd be a stay at home Mom, but I am SO grateful for the time it allows me with my girls and their friends. I have really gotten to know Maggie's classmates and teacher this year and I am so glad. I know someday she won't want me at school, but for now I'm going to take advantage of the fact that she likes having me there. They're a great bunch of kids. One of the awesome things about Maggie's school is there is only one class of each grade, so for at leas the next 4 years, we will get to continue to enjoy this bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment