Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekend in review...

It was a pretty low key weekend around here. While I was reluctant to do it (and already miss it) I de-Christmased the house. Everything is packed away and ready to be reopened in 11 months. Our house looks SO boring now. No sparkly lights, no pretty ribbons, nothin'....maybe I'll put up a few Valentine's things to get me over the hump. When the tree was undecorated but still standing, Maggie suggested we "just leave it all year as a 'regular tree' and then redecorate it as a Christmas tree next year." While the idea of not taking it down was appealing, I think we might get tired of the "regular tree" taking up half of our living room.

Maggie is getting pretty good at Kings in the Corners.
 
 
Gracie apparently has TERRIBLE taste in music. She was loving dancing and
singing to Grandpa's terrible play list. I believe her favorite was "Chicken on Sundays".
 

 
Most days Maggie wants to dress like Gracie....Yesterday she picked a different twin...
and off to softball practice they went.
 
Anyone need a hot pad....
....or 10!
 
I'm so glad the givers of this pottery wheel have a child with a January
Birthday :)
 
DOG PILE....literally.
Last night Maggie asked if she could have an allowance. We talked about the responsibility of having an allowance and about tithing and she seemed to catch on, so we agreed. She picked Sunday as her pay day, so assuming she remembers to remind us she'll now get $2.25 every Sunday. We'll see how it goes.
 
Maggie has been asking to have an alarm clock for a long time, so last night Arnie set hers. This morning I walked in just as it was beeping. She shut it off and then told me that she thought we set it for too early and tomorrow we should move it back a little bit. Sorry kiddo, that's kind of the point of an alarm clock.


No comments:

Post a Comment