*written 7/7 but backdated to 6/17
The 2nd and 3rd week of June both girls went to golf camp at the Country Club. Maggie loved playing golf and learning new things and Gracie loved an hour a day to play with her friends and be social. Jr Golf culminates in the Jr Club Championship tournament. Maggie has never played in it before and I assumed this year would be the same. I was surprised when she asked if she could play and I'm embarrassed to admit I tried to talk her out of it. I didn't figure she would do very well and I knew it would be a frustrating and hot couple of days. She stuck to her guns and told us she wanted to play. She signed up for the 9 hole tournament, they played 5 holes the first day and 4 the second. She LOVED it and had a great experience. The girls in her group were both older then her, but she didn't care. She ended up getting 2nd place (and won $30) and was so proud of herself! I was so proud of her too. She's tougher then I give her credit for. I envy her eagerness to try anything and to not be afraid of strangers or impressing anyone. She's a special one! Now she's caught the bug, she's trying to convince her dad to play in a parent/child tournament in a couple of weeks.

 |
| Can you see Haddie? She had lots of help to take her on walks while we waited for the big kids to finish :) |
 |
| Chipping to the 18th green. |
 |
| All done! |
 |
| Jr Gold 2016 |
 |
| You gotta dress the part :) especially if your Gracie! |
No comments:
Post a Comment