Friday, January 29, 2016

English?

Yesterday after school the girls watched a movie with a bilingual girl in it. At dinner Gracie looked at me and said, "Do we speak English, French or Western?" I suppose that's how you know you officially live in a horse house :)
What does it say about my parenting that the horses are wearing coats but the kids aren't??
 
 
I'm pretty proud of myself, I'm starting to figure this horse stuff out. Breezy has been a total pain to exercise lately, she has no idea how to act on a lunge line and she can be a really pain....Arnie worked with her some a couple of weeks ago and this week I went back determined to win.....and I did! Yah! When I left she was running in circles like she'd been doing it her whole life. As I stood in the middle of the circle (so dizzy I wanted to puke), I was struck by how different my life looks then it used to and/or maybe I thought it would. I use to wear heels and suits every day and this particular day I had on boots covered in horse crap and mud. I wouldn't change it for the world but it sure isn't what I had "planned".
 
Last Thursday I had the chance to check on Baby Chip again. All is well. The tech looked at me at one point and said, "do you remember how big your other kids heads were?" :) I told I didn't remember exactly but they were big and she said that made these measurements make sense. In true Robison form he/she seems to have a big noggin. The baby weighed about 2lbs 10oz last week, so we're getting there. The girls are getting anxious to know who's in there. We've started bringing a few baby things in and just setting them in the nursery, Gracie thinks it's the BEST baby doll playroom she's ever had, I'm not sure she'll be thrilled when she can't use the stuff for her dolls. Thanks to my "advanced age" we'll get to check in on baby a couple more times before he/she arrives, but so far 'my age' is handling this one like a champ.
 
Our countdown to baby calendar is getting pretty full.
Some evenings baby sure gets an ear full. Usually they just each try to talk louder then the other.....poor kid!
 
Gracie's new favorite game is Sorry, and incase you're wondering, she's not actually sorry at all!
Our first born turned 11 on Saturday!!! Where has the time gone? The girls decorated the kitchen and threw her a party, she even had Hannah over to celebrate....she was thrilled :)
 
  
Maggie has her last basketball game this weekend. She has really improved this season and says she loves playing. She's quiet the little defender :)
 
 
....Gracie's not nearly as impressed with basketball  :)

 
Jen is SO much nicer then me.....just ask my children :)
 
Sunday Arnie and I had a dinner to go to, so the girls got to have a babysitter.....I'm getting the feeling
they were excited (or really sick of us!) The babysitter lives 2 houses over so they watch at the front window and stare at her
driveway so they know when she's on the way.
 
ABC Mouse is pretty thought provoking :) I asked if she wanted to do
our taxes while she sat there, I figure she has about as much chance as I do of doing it right.
 Here is a video of Gracie singing with her baby....she played the song so many times ABC Mouse told her she couldn't listen again until the next day....thank goodness!!! https://youtu.be/w2y5qCmwYCQ
 

Yesterday as we walked into Target, Gracie asked me to take her picture because she was "fancy" :) Yes, yes she was. 
Maggie gets to have a friend over after school today and Gracie gets to go to her first big girl (without Mom, just ask her) Birthday party on Sunday evening.....it'll be a big weekend full of hyper kids around here. Hopefully the snow predictions for next week are WRONG, I could get use to these 45 degree days.

No comments:

Post a Comment