Wednesday, December 16, 2015

BASKETBALL!

Saturday Maggie had her first basketball game. I'm not sure who was more excited her or Arnie. She did great and had the BIGGEST smile the entire game. She was pretty tired by then end, there are only 6 girls on the team so they don't get to take very many breaks.


The 3 coaches on Maggie's team, grew up playing ball together.....it's funny how fast time goes.


Gracie wasn't impressed by basketball but she had fun taking selfies with her friend :)
After the basketball game we headed to Omaha for Aunt Trisha and Uncle Jeff's kid Christmas party. The girls had a great time. Gracie says it's because no parents were allowed and "grandparents are funner" :) ......she's right!


 
Sunday while Mom, Dad and Mark were at a meeting, Elsie locked herself in the hall bathroom at mom and dads. Thankfully Uncle Arnie came to the rescue. We'd asked her a hundred times to try and turn the lock, she always said she couldn't. Arnie had the door handle taken apart and we were contemplating breaking either the handle mechanism or the door, when Arnie thought to ask Elsie to try and turn the lock the other way.....click....and out she came!
notice her little fingers under the door :)

HE SAVED ME!!!!

Sunday night was the last night of Hanukkah. Gracie stayed in Omaha for a few days so we didn't even have to argue about who got to light the candles. Happy Hanukkah from the little girl in the Christmas sweater :)
Gracie stayed in Omaha Sunday to spend a couple of Grandma and Grandpa days. I'm sure she's having a great time. It's sure been quiet around here with her. I've seen a few pictures....they all contain food (usually sugar:)) I get to pick her up today at lunch time, I'm not sure she'll want to come home, but I'm excited to see her!



This picture is from last week, but I love it so I want to be sure it ends up here someplace. Gracie and I were working on a project in the shed, she was helping me haul wood to the house.....but of course that required a scarf, vest and pretty boots.....we wouldn't want to look sloppy while we work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment