Monday, October 28, 2013

Great Weekend, Part 3....Trunk o' Treat!

Saturday was a pretty quiet day around here. I had to make a presentation at a church in town and Arnie and Maggie worked on putting away all the patio furniture and getting the yard ready for winter. Saturday night Miss Lauren came to babysit. Lauren's Birthday is this week, so Maggie decorated the kitchen and we had some cupcakes. I wish I'd taken a picture....
They would have waited at the window ALL day if I let them. They started asking how long till
Lauren would be here, from about 10 minutes after they woke up.
Sunday was a BUSY day! We had church, a benefit pancake feed, Maggie had softball practice, then Trunk or Treat at church, and poor Arnie had a School Board meeting after that.
Our Trunk theme was "The Break Room"....Arnie was a good sport :)
 



I was really proud of Maggie. She has a beautiful Princess Sofia costume that she has been SO anxious to wear, and we broke the zipper while we were putting it on. Dad rushed home and grabbed last years Dr Maggie costume and without even a tear she wore it and had a great time. She told us several times how disappointed she was, but she didn't cry and she didn't let it ruin her day. She helped pass out candy to the trick or treaters while she waited for Arnie. The broken zipper has been removed, Gracie and I are headed out to purchase a new one right now. Hopefully I can have the princess dress all fixed up before she gets home from school.
We topped off the night with a hay rack ride and then 3 tired girls came home to eat a little supper and GO TO BED!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment