Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sad little Valentine....

Maggie is one sad little Valentine this morning. She got sick at church last night and now her fever is 102, so no school party for her :( Thankfully, they had to bring in their boxes and Valentine's yesterday, so she got to show her friends her Tractor Box and her Valentine's are there, so after lunch we will run pick up her box o' Valentines.
Daddy sent her flowers, so that is helping cheer her up. She's been carrying
them from room to room with her, so she can "enjoy" them.

Yesterday afternoon Maggie got in a little trouble for not listening, she was supposed to be grounded from kid tv for today.....what a terrible day to be sick! So we negotiated a new deal, she gets to watch a little tv while she rests today, but she had to trade it for 2 days of no tv when she's better. It was a tough decision for her. I felt like the meanest mom ever but hopefully she'll listen better next time. When we were discussing our new deal she put on her big puppy dog eyes and said, "Mom, you know why I didn't listen, because I was already starting to feel the germs." Nice try!

It's seems like it's been a LONG week at our house. Arnie has had lots of meetings (hiring a new Superintendent is hard work), so we've had lots (read TOO MUCH) girl time. Maggie has been ok, until last night. Gracie has been REALLY whinny. I was worried she was the one getting sick. I don't know what's going on with her, I really hope it's not the terrible 2's....I definitely don't have the patience for a whole year of this.
Gracie is a baby doll hoarder....I think there were 6 in her bed last night. She doesn't
seem to mess with them so I just don't fight with her about it. She may need a bigger bed soon.
Happy Valentine's Day too all! I sure hope the groundhog was right and spring is almost here, I need to open up this house and let the germs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment